Spicy Shrimp Linguini with Chili and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
(Recipe courtesy of HelloFresh. Please note, no recipe is ever packaged twice)
Serves 2. Ready in 20 minutes
- Olive oil; as needed
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper; as needed
- 5 oz. raw medium shrimp; cleaned and deveined
- 2 tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes; roughly chopped
- 9 oz. linguini pasta (alternatively use wheat for extra nutritional benefits)
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 1-14 oz. can of plain, chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- A small handful of Italian parsley; roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 small onion; diced
- Cook the pasta al dente in salted water, according to the manufacturer’s directions. Drain pasta in cold water and toss with olive oil. Set aside.
- Warm 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic, onion, sun-dried tomatoes and chili flakes. Occasionally stir until the onion is translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Don’t let the ingredients burn.
- Add canned chopped tomatoes, salt and fresh black pepper to the onion mixture. Bring sauce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for up to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp turns opaque.
- Add parsley and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and lightly toss together.
- Serve into individual bowls.