Carrots of the Sea Sandwich w Cinnamon-Raisin Sunflower Seed Rosemary Bread
Equipment Needed: Food Processor, Dehydrator
*Makes 4 2×2 slices.
- 1 Cup Sprouted and Dried Sunflower Seeds
- 1 TBS Fresh Rosemary or 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup of Red Onion
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 TBS Un-refined Sesame Seed Oil
- 1TBS Flax Meal. (You can use your own ground flax or buy flax meal)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process until ingredients are well mixed and lightly clumps together.
- Remove from food processor. Form a ball with mixture.
- Evenly flatten with rolling pin.
- Place in dehydrator for 2-4 hours. The longer bread is in dehydrator
Carrots of the Sea
*Yields About 3 Cups
- 3 Medium-Large Peeled Carrots
- 1/3 Cup Sweet Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1/2 – 1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala Namak, found at Indian spice stores)
- 2 TBS Organic Mustard made with Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Whole Cumin Seed
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBS Sea Kelp
- Shred carrots finely using a food processor. If your food processor has an extra fine shredding attachment, use the attachment for half of the batch.
- Then switch to small shredding blade to finish the batch. If your processor doesn’t have this option, shred carrots with the finest blade possible.
- Set aside in a medium-sized bowl.
- Dice bell pepper and add to shredded carrots.
- Finely dice, red onion, parsley, cilantro and green onion and add to carrots.
- Add spices and remaining ingredients.
- Mix by stirring.
- Add all your favorite sandwich ingredients, such as lettuce, tomato and cucumber.
- Most of all enjoy.
For more of a creamier version add cashew mayo:
- 2 cups soaked cashew seeds
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp whole fennel seed
- 1/2 spring water
- 2 TBS sesame seed oil
- 2 TBS cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (OPTIONAL. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR THIS RECIPE)
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add too carrot mixture. Note, this recipe does not contain any salt because the carrots are already seasoned and contain salt.
- But if you would like to use this mayo for another recipe add the salt option.
Man that looks good. Can you provide a youtube video clip of this please. That would be so cool.