One must admit that cocktail parties have been a long standing enemy of vegetarians or vegans. Most of the time, you’re left desperately hungry and ready to go. Instead of depending on others to provide food and beverages that will complement our “FrugiStyle,” we’ll share our own delectable tapas–bringing out through food, the compassionate party-goer in us all!
Yucca Disco Fries
2 Yucca Roots
1 cup of smoked tempeh (chopped into thin strips)
1 bunch of scallions
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
2 cups peanut oil
salt To Taste
pepper To Taste
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 medium lime squeezed
1)For Mojo, in food processor or blender combine all ingredients until well blended. Taste for seasoning and set aside. Keep at room temperature.
2) Peel Yucca and cover with water. Boil with 3 pinches of salt until fork tender. Core, and cut into 1/4 inch fries. Set aside
3) In small bowl, peel scallions and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until lightly golden. Chopping diagonally.
4) Saute tempeh in 1 tbsp olive oil until crisp. Set aside and add peanut oil in frying pan over medium high heat.
5) Add yucca fries and fry for 8-10 minute or until golden crisp.
6) Add to medium bowl and toss with tempeh, cheese, salt, and pepper. Top with scallions and serve with garlicky mojo dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Agave & Pineapple Margarita
1 pineapple cored and chopped
1/4 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1) In blender combine 1 cup of ice with agave nectar and pineapple. Blend until chunky.
2) Add tequila, triple sec, and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Serve with fresh pineapple & orange wedge.