Nothing says holidays like a batch of freshly baked holiday cookies. But if you’re one of many people dealing with gluten allergies, not being able to partake in the yumminess can suck the fun right out of you.
Fear not! We here at Frugivore believe everyone should be able to enjoy the deliciousness of holiday cookies, which is why we’re giving you 3 gluten free recipes to indulge in this holiday season.
Just make sure you put in a good word for us with Santa!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 1/2 tsp + 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cup + 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Organic Egg Lightly Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp Gluten Free Vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees.
- Add solid coconut oil (tends to be solid at room temperature and need to liquefy) to a sauce pan over medium heat.
- When liquefied, remove from heat and pour into mixing bowl; add beaten egg, 3/4 cup of coconut sugar, pumpkin and vanilla.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ginger, and salt.
- Carefully add dry ingredients to the wet ones.
- Next, in another bowl combine the 1/2 cup coconut sugar, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- This mixture will be used to coat the cookies.
- “Grease” your cookie sheets by using a misto.
- Take your cookie mixture, roll into small balls, flatten, then coat with coconut sugar and spices.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and place of wire rack