Corn Beef Hash
This is right up there with Spam. It came in a can and smells like dog food. There were times when I mistakenly fed it to my grandmothers dog, oh well, not by accident, I just wanted to see if he would eat it…and yes, he did. I didn’t realize until I was older that those little white pieces of matter, were supposed to be potatoes.
The website states, “Special care is taken in making America’s favorite hash. HORMEL® Hash is a delicate blend of tender chunks of meat with firm Idaho potatoes and select seasonings”. Now, ‘tender chunks of meat’, sounds like dog food to me..and being that they didn’t state what kind of meat, only leads me to wonder….yeah…what kind of meat is actually used??? Is it some poly-meat blend? Because it definitely wasn’t the type of corn beef I was used to.
I’m a vegetarian, so I won’t eat meat, but I’d especially avoid these, even if there was an apocalypse.
3. Canned chicken (which I ate until I became a vegetarian at age 27)
4. Canned spinach (Spinach out of a can? Ew.)
5. Prune juice. God, that stuff was nasty. I still want to gag when I see it.
As a child I ate most of the foods on that list. We ate them mainly because they were cheap, filling, and could be stretched easily amongst our large family. Now I wouldn’t touch that stuff with a 20 foot pole and fortunately, I don’t have to. However many people depend on those foods to survive.
Fish Sticks! A staple on Fridays in a Catholic home.
Canned Meat of any sort! Infinite Shelf Life.
That chili that you find in the refridgerated meat section. I think it’s called XLINT? It came in a white package in a brick form and you would slice a piece of it off and cook it down. Yeah…Im cool on that. Tripe…which for some odd reason i always thought was some type of fish because my granny fried it in cornmeal. Okra….that ish is just plain nasty. Finally my mother’s tunafish salad. Sorry mama I love you but I will never eat that grossness again.
1. spam,potted meat, bologna or vienna sausages
2.liver or any other innards including brains, kidneys, tripe, scrapple
3. chitlins’ or hogmaws
4. cheez whiz
won’t drink Tang, Kool-aid or Hawiaan Punch or any other day glow ‘juice’ drink
I’ve been trying to figure out what the hell the grey, square stuff in school was that they called pizza…EUGH.
I never want to see a gizzard again.
Here is my list.
1. Palmento Cheese. Words can’t describe how much i despise Palmento cheese.
2. Chittlins or Chitterlings. The smell is enough to make me never want them.
3. dear, squirrel, rabbits, racoons or any type of wild game. EWWWW just nasty period.
4. Chicken feet. I have no idea why anyone would want to eat a chickens feet.
5. Neckbones. Neckbones have no meat and all that sucking is out of the question.