On the flipside of things, weight loss programs such as Weight Watchers advise against daily weigh-ins and encourage weekly weigh-ins instead. The conflicting advice that is offered in regard to how often you should weigh yourself can be confusing as well as frustrating, but you’ll ultimately have to do what is best for you. Possibly a few of these pros and cons will help you make your decision.
- Weighing yourself daily makes you accountable
- You’ll notice extra pounds almost instantly
- Provides more opportunities to celebrate weight loss victories
- Some find them to be discouraging to weight loss efforts
- Some find that they become obsessive
- Weight has a tendency to fluctuate
- Many feel it places a higher value on a number as opposed to overall health
Do you weigh yourself everyday? Why or why not?