There are so many myths when it comes to what we should and shouldn’t do in order to lose weight. It is hard to stay healthy and keep up with the latest trends with new discoveries in the diet field popping up every day. Here are five age old diet tips that have been remixed by Dr. Oz in order to make our lives a little bit easier.
Eating Seven Servings of Fruits and Vegetables Everyday.
- Forget this and just fill half of your plate with any produce of your choice such as salads (without fatty dressing).
Avoiding Red Meat.
- You can eat red meat! The catch is that you have to make sure it is lean meat and to eat it in moderation. Sirloin or top round are great examples of lean red meat.
Drinking 8 Glasses of Water a Day.
- Dr. Oz says to eat your water instead of drinking it. You can do this by eating foods that are rich in water. Watermelon, for example, is 90% water. Lettuce and soups are other great ways to eat your daily water requirement. You’ll know if you are getting enough water in your diet from these foods if your urine is clear and you find yourself urinating about every 2-3 hours (6-7 times a day). No more trying to drown yourself by gulping down eight glasses of water a day.
- People may think this is a good thing to do if you are trying to watch your weight, but on the contrary it is the exact opposite. Depriving ourselves of the things we love, like desert, only makes us crave it more. This craving will in turn cause us to break our diets and indulge more than we would if we allowed ourselves that treat when we wanted it. Instead, Dr. Oz says it’s best to incorporate healthy deserts into our meals.
Exercising for At least 60 Minutes Daily.
- This is a rule I know many people will be happy to break. When it comes to working out, it’s not about duration, but rather consistency. Instead of sweating off the pounds for 60 minutes at a time, simply exercise for 30 minutes 5-6 times a week. Another great benefit to this is that you don’t have the increase the intensity of your workouts because you decreased the amount of time you spend doing it. Easy going forms of exercise such as walking or riding your bike within this new time limit is all you need to do to see results.
Hopefully these revamped tips will help you beat the bulge and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Thanks for reminding us of the old tips that are still important and how we can focus in on the good parts of them. Great post.