Fruity Holiday Cider
- 1 pear, not too soft
- 1 orange
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 lemon
- 3 to 5 whole allspice berries
- 3 to 5 inches peeled, fresh ginger root, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium stick of cinnamon
- 2 to 3 gallons apple cider
- Pour cider into a heavy pot, and bring it to a simmer.
- Stud pear and orange with cloves.
- Peel large pieces of rind from the lemon, and twist each piece to release the lemon oil.
- Place fruits and spices in your slow cooker, pour a gallon of cider over them, and heat on high heat for a few hours