The holiday season can be a time of great cheer and great weight gain. The temptation to give in to our cravings seems to be overwhelming during this time of year and not just when it comes to the yumminess on our plates.
Holiday drinks can also pack on the pounds, but if you try the lighter versions of these holiday favorites, you’ll be able to quench your thirst guilt free.
Cheers to that!
Holly Jolly Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (about 7 squares)
- Combine milk, ginger, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-low heat until almost boiling.
- Add chocolate, stirring until fully melted.
- Whisk until frothy, and serve immediately.