Almond & Coconut Truffles
- 1 Cup almond butter (you can easily subsitute this for your favourite nut butter too)
- 1 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 Cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or leave out the vanilla and use 2 tsp of cinnamon)
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds (I have a mix of black and white seeds) or flaxmeal
- 1/4 tsp himilayan salt (or sea salt)
- 1-2 Tbsp water
Notes: To make this sugar free you can omit the rice malt syrup and have 1/4 cup of coconut oil instead although using rice malt syrup isnt a refined sugar its a natural sweetner made from rice and small amounts are used in sugar free recipes.
- In a food processor combine everything except the water.
- Mix to combine, add water 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed until you get your desired consistency to roll the ball, a little sticky is fine as it helps the coating (if using) to stick.
- Roll into balls and then roll into desired coating or leave plain.
- Place in the freezer to chill then leave in the fridge (or keep stored in the freezer and let defrost a little before eating).