Are you getting prepared to start a detox and need a meal that will assist elimination process? Or, maybe you’ve just finished one and want to maintain a clean diet.
Give this Detox Herb-Papaya Salad and try and give your body the break it’s begging for to rejuvenate and refresh and prepare for a long week of hustle and bustle.
Full of flavor and antioxidants from the fresh herbs, this salad can be eaten almost every day as well.
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1/2 head of red leaf lettuce
- 1/2 head green leaf lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup soaked wakame seaweed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup green basil
- 1/2 cup papaya chopped
- 1-2 ripe avocados
Creamy Almond Butter Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- Rinse lettuce
- Dry lettuce in salad spinner
- Slice lettuce into 1/4” thick strips
- Set aside in large bowl
- Chop Roma tomatoes and add to lettuce bowl
- Chop fresh herbs and add to bowl
- add 2 TBS dry wakame to 1/2 cup spring water in a bowl
- After it swells and softens, chop wakame finely
- Pit avocados, slice in skin, spoon out into salad bowl
- Peel & deseed papaya
- Cut papaya into 1/4” chunks
- Get your hands dirty – Mix all ingredients together throughly, using your hands. The avocado will become creamy and will serve as the salad’s dressing.
- Of course if you add the dressing to this salad, it will not be as cleansing as without it due to the fat content in the almond butter. This dressing, however, can be made in advance and placed in fridge for later use. Store up to two weeks.
- Place all ingredients in a small mixing bowl
- Use whisk to mix
- Mix until well incorporated
DID YOU KNOW …
- Papaya contains Papain, a very powerful digestive enzyme inherent in papaya, which is the number one ingredient used in meat tenderizers.
- Fresh dill fibers which help to control blood cholesterol levels.
- Fresh cilantro helps to remove heavy metals, such as mercury from the body.