Chunky Cashew Cheese Collard Wraps
- Serves 2- 4
- Equipment Needed: Blender or Champion Juicer
Try this easy collards wrap recipe. It’s easy to make and guaranteed to lift the afternoon slump.
Cashews are wonderful sources of protein and are rich in vital minerals the body needs to function. Cashews are packed with iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium, which have all been proven to assist in healthy brain function and emotional balance.
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 TBS Sumac Seasoning
- 1 tsp whole white pepper corns or 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup organic red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, if using a blender to make cashew cheese
- Whole basil leaves
- Whole collard green leaves
- 1 package whole dulse seaweed
- IF USING THE CHAMPION JUICER: Place soaked cashews, white pepper corns, sumac seasoning, and green onion in a bowl and mix lightly by hand.
- Push through Champion Juicer to masticate mixture, set aside.
- IF USING A BLENDER: Place lemon juice, soaked cashews, white pepper, green onion and sumac seasoning in blender.
- Pulse mixture until it’s well incorporated but still chunky. BE MINDFUL NOT TO OVER MIX.
- Add diced organic red bell pepper to either masticated or blended cashew mixture.
Collard Wraps Assembly
- Rinse and pat dry whole collard greens
- Remove ribs of leaves
- Shred carrots and set aside
- Rinse basil leaves and set aside
- Lay collard leaf flat
- Add cashew cheese, shredded carrots, dulse seaweed and a single basil leaf in the middle of the leaf
- Fold sides and bottom of leaf. Roll and enclose.
*Note: You can find Sumac seasoning at your local Indian or Middle Eastern ethnic store.
Also, if you own a champion juicer, use the flat, non-screened masticating slide instead of the juice screen while making your cashew cheese.