Fall is officially here, and that means it’s the season for squash. Butternut Squash is one of the most sought after and favorite varieties of the vitamin C and magnesium-packed vegetable-fruit.
In some spiritual circles, the deep orange color of this winter squash is thought to assist in bringing joy, overcoming fears and heightening mental enlightenment. As far as factual evidence of it’s health benefits, butternut squash has been shown to help heal wounds and cuts and has even aids the body in producing collagen.
It tastes great baked, stewed and even un-cooked. Try this all-live creamy fall soup recipe and get your daily serving to protect against the fall and winter ills.
Creamy Fall Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 3/4 cup spring water
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 cup soaked cashew
- 1 1/2 cup cubed butternut squash
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 TBS extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt OR 1/3 cup chopped dulse seaweed
- Habanero chili to taste (OPTIONAL)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2-4 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic powder
- If you do not own a powerful home blender, grade squash in a food processor or by hand before adding to the blender.
- Add water, squash, curry powder, coriander, cumin, coconut oil, thyme, garlic powder, salt and soaked cashew to blender.
- Blend on high, until all ingredients are incorporated and mixture is smooth, creamy and warm. The blender blade will warm up your mixture.
- Dice tomatoes and set aside in a medium bowl.
- Chop green onion, add to tomatoes in bowl.
- Chop fresh basil and add to bowl mixture.
- Cut dulse seaweed with scissors or serrated knife and set aside.
- Mix, tomatoes, basil and green onion together.
- Pour blended soup into a bowl.
- Top with tomato mixture and dulse.