Gluten-Free Grilled Avocado Mushroom Sandwich
- 1 portobello mushroom
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup sliced kale
- Sliced red onion for topping
- 1/3 cup sliced organic red bell pepper
- Food For Life Gluten Wheat Free Brown Rice Bread
- 1 tsp all -purpose seasoning
- 1 TBS coconut amino
- 2 TBS olive oil
- Slice mushroom cap into 1/8” thick slices
- Season mushroom cap with all-purpose seasoning
- Add olive oil to frying pan, wait until warm
- Pour coconut amino onto mushroom cap, cook for about 3 minutes, cover and set aside.
- Add sliced kale and sliced bell pepper to frying pan, cook for about 2 minutes, remove from pan, cover and set aside
- Soften rice bread by slowly pan toasting, until bread is soft and lightly toasted
- When lightly toasted, sparingly coat one side of toasts with olive oil, turn over toast, so that newly oiled side is facing cooking surface of frying pan, cook until golden and slightly crispy.
- Cream avocado with a fork
- Add avocado to either side of rice toast, top with mushroom and kale.