Your second trimester is typically marked with a growing belly and a new center of gravity to explore. In this phase of your pregnancy you’ll want to work on and steer clear from crunches or lying on your back. You’ll find the following exercises ideal for strengthening your abdominals, legs and back:
- Perform abdominal exercises on a ball. Also try planks and standing side crunches.
- Tone your back muscles. As your belly grows you don’t want your shoulders to hunch over. Always have a wide stance because your balance and center of gravity may be off. You can do lat pulls, shoulder extensions and reverse flys all while standing.
- Wall squats build leg strength plus you get support of wall and it strengthens your pelvis.
- Squats and Lunges: Always use a chair to help you with balance and keep your feet as wide apart as possible.
- Being on the ground on all fours is a great move for your uterus, it is very soothing. You can do leg lifts, arm extensions and other toning exercises in this position.