Many people turn to a living foods lifestyle in a quest to loose weight, break harmful eating habits or eradicate specific diseases. Usually, their sex life is lower on the priority list. However, our libido is directly linked to, and affected by the physical state of our bodies. Sex is a natural part of our adult lives. A healthy libido indicates harmony in the body. Think about it, when you’re stomach is upset, do you desire sex? Probably not.
While many men and women shoo off this topic with a quick-witted joke or remark, there are drab outcomes to having a poor or inactive libido. Unfortunately, the consequence of this phenomena leads to higher death rates and lowered birth rates, which in turn leaves our future hanging in the balance. After all, the fundamental reason for sex is not pleasure, pain for some of us, or to express love. It exists to create offspring, to ensure or children’s children will have children.
QUICK LIBIDO FACTS
- Birth control pills, mood stabilizers, tranquilizers and other medications have been shown to decrease libido.
- Oxytocin, testosterone and oestrogenare the main hormones that governs libido.
- Stress can also cause a decrease in libido.
- Sigmund Freud popularized and defined the term libido.
5 FOODS THAT INCREASE LIBIDO
- PUMKIN SEEDS: High in zinc and other minerals and vitamins, pumpkin seeds
- SEAWEEDS: Sea greens nourish the thyroid and normalizes adrenal functions, increasing libido.
- MACA ROOT: Maca contains a chemical called p-methoxybenzyl isothiocyanate, which reputedly has aphrodisiac properties.
- ALMONDS: High in omega fatty acids and amino acids, almonds assist with blood circulation and protein manufacturing.
- BANANAS: contain bromelain, an enzyme that increases libido and reverse impotence in men.
Now that you have a short list of foods that increase sex drive, check out this easy recipe that incorporates most of the above foods:
Sea Moss Smoothie
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp of dried sea moss powder Or loose 1/4 cup soaked sea moss
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2-4 medjool dates (add the extra two for added sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp maca root
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
Place all ingredients in a blender, blend on high. Be mindful not to over-blend the bananas, as this will create a chalky taste. If you are using the soaked Irish moss, remove from water, rinse and add to blender along with all other ingredients. Njoy.