FROM THE GRIO — Two new surveys give a look into the sexual minds of African-Americans — such as, 60 percent consider themselves adventurous in the bedroom and over 70 percent are open to using a vibrator with a partner during sex.
The findings were released as part of the Trojan Charged Sex Life Survey of 3,000 Americans nationwide, including ten major cities.
More results among the African-Americans surveyed:
- One in three say the most exciting thing they’ve done is have sex more than three times in one day.
- Nearly one-third of both men and women have had sex outdoors.
- More than half of believe things need to be more exciting in the bedroom.
- Sixty percent are in committed, monogamous relationships.
- The top ways those surveyed charged things up included spontaneous sex, having sex someplace different and talking dirty.
African-American men versus African-American women:
- Men think about sex 17 times a day, compared to five times a day for women.
- Men have had, on average, 38 sex partners in a lifetime, compared to 10 among women.
- Almost half of men wish sex lasted longer, compared to one-third of women.
- More than half of women have faked an orgasm, compared to 18 percent of men.