Need a little libido boost? Health.com has released a list of six surprising things that can make you feel a bit more frisky than usual. Will they work for you?
- Adrenaline Rushes: The Archives of Sexual Behavior report that exciting activities like skydiving, bungee jumping or even high-impact exercise can make the opposite sex more appealing.
- Red Wine: Women who drink red wine daily report higher levels of sexual desire and vaginal lubrication than those who abstain from alcohol or drink less frequently. Pour it up!
- Yoga: The Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy found that women who practice yoga experience increased libido…as if the promise of a limber body wasn’t reason enough to get down on that mat!
- Touch: Even ‘non-sexual’ contact between you and your partner, such as hand-holding or a shoulder caress, can release chemicals to the brain that get you all warm and tingly. Ooh la la!
- The Color Red: Good news for the brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi-the sight of a man in red can be a turn on for many women, who are subconsciously attracted to the suggestion of power that it conveys.
- Male Sweat: No, really…the scent of a man’s sweat releases cortosol levels in women, which can heighten sexual desire. Maybe that’s why the guys in the gym look so good?