Spicy Black Bean Burger w Sauteed Red Pepper and Onions w Chimichurri
- 2 cups canned Black Beans (Goya)
- 2 tsp Red Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 garlic clove (chopped finely)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Sauteed Pepper & Onions
- 1 Red Pepper (Sliced Thinly)
- 1 Yellow Onion (Sliced Thinly)
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 3 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- In small sauce pan add water and turn on high to boil. Add rice and pinch of salt. Boil for 5 minutes and turn pan down to low, cooking for 25 minutes covered.
- Set ice aside while tender. Add beans to medium mixing bowl with salt, cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
- Add rice to mixture, slightly mashing. Mold into 6 burger patties. Slightly brush both side of patties with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside
- In a medium fry pan add olive oil over medium high heat. Add red peppers, onions, salt, and pepper. Saute until both onions and peppers are wilted.
- For the chimichurri, in food processor or blender, add parsley, cilantro, garlic, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt. Blend until parsley and cilantro are well blended. Taste for seasoning.
- Lightly brush flat breads with olive oil and grill on both sides. To assemble add chimichurri on bottom bun, add bean burger and top with pepper and onion saute.
Creamy, smoky, salty, and sweet come to mind when biting into this treat! The sweetness of the caramelized onions against the creaminess of the avocados, with the saltiness of the Brie, can be a mouthgasm on itself. This burger is full of monounsaturated fat (so-called good fat), Vitamins K & B, Fiber, and Potassium!