Fried Green Tomatoes
- 3 medium Green Tomatoes
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp smoky paprika
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil (for frying)
Grilled Corn Salsa
- 2 ears of corn grilled
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3/4 cup of halved grape tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 lime (squeezes)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Arnold’s Whole Wheat Buns (Vegan Friendly)
- Take 2 ears of corn and cut off cub into medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, lime, cumin, salt, paprika, and cumin. Stir and taste for seasoning. Set aside.
- In small bowl add rice milk and in another bowl add cornmeal, salt, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Put large frying pan over medium heat with olive oil for 7 minutes.
- Slice tomatoes into thin 1.4 inch slices and submerge in rice milk. Add tomato slices into cornmeal mixture, making sure to cover both sides with corn meal.
- Add tomato slices to pan, frying both sides about 4 minutes each until golden brown.
- Heat griddle or grill over medium high heat and toast buns.
- Add 3 fried green tomatoes and corn salsa over top to serve.
This hearty burger takes on South America with spicy, hearty goodness! Packed full of fiber, antioxidants, and Vitamin C!